Our Upholstery Cleaning Methods
The most common method of upholstery cleaning is hot water extraction, using a blend of water based solvent cleaners to break down commonly found soils in upholstery such as body oils, hair product resides and foods. After an initial treatment your upholstery is rinsed with a fine mist of acid hot rinse. The system works by spraying in the acid rinse which neutralizes all cleaning chemicals leaving a neutral pH. Then a high velocity vacuum extracts all the solutions and soils into a waste tank leaving your upholstery clean and looking vibrant.
Low Moisture and Dry Cleaning Upholstery
Low moisture and dry cleaning upholstery techniques are also very effective; however they are less successful at removing engrained soils and upholstery stains. They are suitable methods of cleaning for fine fabric with water sensitive dyes, upholstery that needs to be ready to use or dry quickly and for maintenance cleaning. Get in touch with us today to discuss which options might be best for your home, and to organise your free, no obligations quote.
In most cases it’s possible to remove stains from upholstery. Common stains include biro pens, tea and coffee, foods, milk and other normal spills or marks around the home. It’s important to remember that upholstery is typically very absorbent because of the fills, such as foam and feathers, which is something we have to consider as this can make stains increasingly difficult to remove. We recommend using an aftercare treatment to protect against stains. Take a look at the different options we can offer you.
Hook Cleaning services offer a range of aftercare products including 3M Scotch Guard and Fibreshield. 3M is a branded product – it’s our preferred product to protect your upholstery. There are other cheaper alternatives on the market, however, Hook Cleaning services takes pride in providing an outstanding level of customer service and care, and that includes using the best products. Fibreshield is another quality product which we recommend, it behaves in the same way was scotch guard, but is ideal for allergy sufferers; it contains an antibacterial membrane guaranteed to kill off germs and mites for a minimum of 12 months.
Speak to us now
We know that home furniture goes through a lot, but we have the tools to help.
Our expert upholstery specialists can breathe new life into your furnishings, just give us a call to find out how.
- Many thanks to HCS (Berkshire tile doctor). Dennis arrived promptly on the 19th January and worked tirelessly in our filthy limestone floor. The result is as good as a new floor. He asked what sort of finish we wanted and when he had completed the job checked we were happy with the results. He gave us advice for long term care. We are thrilled with the results and wouldn't hesitate to recommend this company. Mrs Jenkins Southampton, Hampshire, January 2017Mrs Jenkins, Southampton, Hampshire
- We are very pleased with the work carried out by Hook Cleaning Services. Dennis was incredibly careful not to damage a newly decorated skirting board, while treating our very old red quarry tiles in the house. The tiles look beautifully shiny and new now and we couldn’t be happier. While Dennis was here he also cleaned a carpet and two sofas, which came up beautifully. 10 out of 10 and will use the company again. Dennis is also a very pleasant person to have in your home - knowledgeable, hard-working and polite. Mrs VaughanMrs Vaughan
Ewshott, Hampshire, March 2016
- ‘ Fast and efficient service from the Hook Cleaning Services from start to finish. Very flexible around our business needs. We are looking forward to future cooperation’. Petra Berry Frankova Rooms Division Manager, Brooklands Hotel, SurreyBrooklands Hotel, Surrey
Brooklands, Surrey, January 2016
- John did a superb job - the carpets look amazing!Andy Martin
Hook, Hampshire, February 2016
- Thank you for doing an excellent jobMr El-Khazen
Boxford, Berkshire February 2016
- We are over the moon with the work Dennis did...it's fantastic!! I will certainly be recommending you! Thank you for an amazing job.Mrs Eccleshare
West Sussex February 2016
- Just a note to say what a great job Dennis has done. I'm really impressed with the sofa and carpets and I will definitely pass my recommendation on for you.Mrs Welsh
Odiham, Hampshire, August 2015
- Really pleased with the carpets! John was such a professional and hard working guy - a real credit to your company. Please extend our thanks to him.Mrs Adams
Odiham, Hampshire, August 2015
- Just a note to say enormous thanks for the great job done by Dennis and John (I think!) in my shower room last Monday. The room looks great and good as new! Attention to detail combined with politeness and good humour - money very well spent. If you can drop off some of your cleaning stuff it would be very much appreciated. Congratulations on a great team; I have already made several recommendations on your behalf!Caroline
Bracknell, July 2015
- I was delighted and surprised at how well my daughter's bedroom carpet looked after cleaning. It came up beautifully considering the number of make up marks on it prior to cleaning. Carpet looks like new, I have to say. Your colleague Dennis is a credit to your business, removing his shoes on entry to my home and explaining exactly what was going to be done. I will certainly use your services again and would recommend your company without hesitation to anyone requiring their carpets cleaned. Sincere thanks.Michael Gill
Hook, Hampshire, June 2015
- Just to let you know your guys did a great job at the flat, please pass on our thanks.James McGinty
Hartley Wintney, Hampshire, June 2015
- The team did a great job on my natural stone kitchen floor tiles. They were professional, knowledgeable, courteous and on time. Nothing was too much trouble. I was so impressed with their professionalism that I asked them to clean my silk rugs and stair carpets too. They look like new. Thanks for a great job.Mrs Patel
Charvil, Berkshire, June 2015
GET IN TOUCH!
Get in touch to hear more on how our expert services can help to transform your home or business.
Get Started With Hook Cleaning Services
It all starts with a phone call – ring us or give us an email today to find out more about our domestic, commercial and specialist carpet cleaning services. We can’t wait to help!
Hook Cleaning Services, Units 5 + 6 Eastlands Court, Wade Road, Basingstoke, Hampshire RG24 8PL
We are open:
Monday – Friday 9 AM – 5 PM